Thank you

This blog is dedicated to those individuals who chose me to be a part of their family. I thank them for making it possible for the memories to write this blog. I commend them for creating the memories that gave me the strength to express myself through writing. Most of all, I am grateful to be able to share my experience with my readers.

Without my past, there would be nothing to share

To my children:
You are my loved ones, my babies. You are the three best blessings that God could have given me. I love you and am thankful for your support and shoulders through everything

Monday, November 21, 2016

Are Pictures Really Worth A Thousand Words!

I decided early on when finding my real family, that I did not want to meet my possible real father. I only wanted to know what he looked like so that I could put the face with the image in my mind.
 
The plan:
Take a ride to his business location that is a public place and request the service that he offers.
It wouldn't be me that requested the service, but someone that would be with me, so that I could snap the picture while they interacted as I sat in the car.
 
The outcome:
Due to an acquaintance of his, I did not have to go through with my plan because it was done for me in a way that was not expected or asked, although I am grateful for the assistance!
 
The reaction:
I have no feelings about him, no connection, and no intentions of ever interacting with this man.
 
The reason:
When I saw the picture, I realized he may be my real father, but he is not my image of my real father.
 
The image:
  • My real father is a stand up man with strength and inspires me.
  • He has the distinguished look of a proud man that loves all is kids no matter where they are.
  • He is an investigator for the ones that he lost touch with but knows they exist and makes every effort to make a reunion with them.
  • He is a hard worker but still finds the time to pick up the phone to check on his kids at least once a week.
  • He admits when he is wrong and shows remorse for allowing a child to be given away and then going on with his life like she never existed.
 
The conclusion:
  • I am blessed to have a person that was able to actually be face to face with this man.
  • I have no feelings for him whatsoever.
  • I can genuinely say that after seeing the picture, my heart did not feel like I need to reach out to him regardless of his success, health, or possible feelings of emptiness.
 
Final thoughts:
  1. I do not feel heartless.
  2. I do not feel like he owes me 18 years of support.
  3. I do not feel that I owe him the right to see me through my efforts to locate him.
  4. I do not feel we will ever cross paths to create an awkward reunion.
 
  1. I do feel that I have and will cross paths with one or more of his children that he created after or before me.
  2. I do feel that, as siblings, it is only right to know who we all are to each other before we leave this earth. (unfortunately the oldest is deceased I was told)
  3. I do feel that I have closure in regards to the face verses the image of the man that is suppose to be my real father.
 
I DO FEEL THAT A PICTURE IS ONLY WORTH 484 WORDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Wondering If She Were Still Alive

Things happen in life to make certain thoughts come to surface that were hidden in the back of ones mind. My thoughts of my birth mother h...