Thank you

This blog is dedicated to those individuals who chose me to be a part of their family. I thank them for making it possible for the memories to write this blog. I commend them for creating the memories that gave me the strength to express myself through writing. Most of all, I am grateful to be able to share my experience with my readers.

Without my past, there would be nothing to share

To my children:
You are my loved ones, my babies. You are the three best blessings that God could have given me. I love you and am thankful for your support and shoulders through everything

Monday, August 14, 2017

Red Roses and White Calla Lilies

Being adopted, you would think you are the chosen one that will be pampered, spoiled, given the most attention for life. NOT!

I cannot speak for all adoption situations, but I can definitely speak for mine.

I am considered the BLACK SHEEP of my adopters. I was once the one they spoiled, but that was because the secret had to be protected. Now as an adult, I am the outcast. No matter what mistakes I have made going through life as a child, teenager, and adult, they do not compare to the ones that their own bloodline has made.

My minor mistakes became major mistakes, overpowering the bloodline who deceived, molested, solicited prostitution, imprisoned for accessory to murder, drugs...: the list is endless.

My mistakes:
  • Being a teenager who ran away for less than 9 hours due to adopters' blood son wanting to be alone in the house with a girl that was not permitted to be there while his parents were away (let alone be there when they were home).
  • Deciding not to go to college right after graduation in fear of leaving home for four years because adopters' foster sister/daughter (explain another time) decided to give advice on college just being about sex and not education.
  • Having a child out of wedlock at a young age even though I completed school and left home on my own to raise my daughter without any help from them.
  • As an adult, single mom, trying to raise three kids without support, doing whatever I could financially to raise them and give rent to adopters who had no need for the money but was suppose to be helping me save after divorce. NOT
  • And lastly, I'm sure writing this blog is the ultimate molestation, solicitation, imprisonment, addiction.... to their eyes and ears of gossip.


For my mistakes, I am the BLACK SHEEP

I am not perfect, I do not act perfect, I do not want to be perfect; But I am not a molester, solicitor, murderer, nor addict.

My adoption story may not be yours, you may have had a happy outcome, but there are some that have had similar outcomes as mine or worse. I share my story to let it be known that being adopted is not always Red Roses and White Calla Lillies.
Image result for red roses white calla lilies bouquet

1 comment:

  1. People have no idea what foster and adopted children go through and the affects it has on them as adults. You could be given the world as a adopted child to keep from finding out about adoption secrets, but once you find out as an adult, then you become the bad person for asking questions as to why you were never told.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Wondering If She Were Still Alive

Things happen in life to make certain thoughts come to surface that were hidden in the back of ones mind. My thoughts of my birth mother h...