Thank you

This blog is dedicated to those individuals who chose me to be a part of their family. I thank them for making it possible for the memories to write this blog. I commend them for creating the memories that gave me the strength to express myself through writing. Most of all, I am grateful to be able to share my experience with my readers.

Without my past, there would be nothing to share

To my children:
You are my loved ones, my babies. You are the three best blessings that God could have given me. I love you and am thankful for your support and shoulders through everything

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Live with Blood or Live with Water

If I were her, would I have done it differently?

I have recently asked myself a question about giving ME up for adoption as an option. Knowing that my birth mother gave me up for safety reasons before she passed away at a very young age of 17, would I have done the same? My answer is yes and no. I have two answers because I know both outcomes, even though I know one has played out longer then the other in my life.

That makes it hard to be fair in my answer, so yes and no.

                        I will start with the easiest answer which is NO for me:

  • I say NO because I grew up living an unknown lie causing me to have major trust issues as an adult.
  • I say NO because I never knew what a mother's love really was as far as shoulder support.
  • I say NO because I would not want ME to grow up not knowing who my mother was, her personality, looks, voice, and views on life.
  • I say NO because I still experienced the sexual abuse that I was suppose to be protected from by an adoptee family member.
  • I say NO  because I should be the visible protector of ME from birth to adulthood on what life has to offer.


                       I will end with the obvious answer which is YES for me:

  • I say YES because I learned of the sexual abuse that she endured by her stepfather along with her sibling and other small children.
  • I say YES because I understand that her way of protecting me from abuse was to give me away to a hopefully loving caring family.
  • I say YES because I am still alive and able to go through life's lessons as an adult while she is resting in Paradise since the tender age of 17.
  • I say YES because although I was "Adopted Into Deceit", I grew up in a much better environment then I would have if she decided to keep me.


Because I have both Yes and No answers, I am content with her decision to ease her feelings on how to protect her newborn baby girl from her physical environment. If I were her I would have done the same. But if I were ME I would have done the opposite.

My Point:

My point is I can only walk in my shoes, in the life I have been given and experienced, so naturally my answer would be NO. But on the other hand, I can only think as if I was in her shoes based on what I was informed about, so instinctively my answer would be YES.

Options to live with blood or live with water, neither are pure, but both are necessary to live. I started with blood and was given to water and I still am living my life as ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Wondering If She Were Still Alive

Things happen in life to make certain thoughts come to surface that were hidden in the back of ones mind. My thoughts of my birth mother h...